Sioux Falls, SD | Full-time
VIKOR specializes in commercial tower construction, maintenance and service work for the wireless industry throughout the Midwest and Mountain region. We’re looking for a qualified individual to specialize in power and equipment installation on wireless communications sites throughout the upper Midwest & Mountain Region.
Tower Electrician Helper Needed
Reach new heights in your career with one of the fastest growing industries in the country. At VIKOR, you have the opportunity to challenge yourself and become part of a team that strives for unity and is dedicated to elevation.
We believe people do their best work when they feel heard and supported. That is why we strive to live out our values of UNITY, DEDICATION and ELEVATION every day. Our employees experience an environment centered on respect, allowing them to perform at their highest level.
As a Tower Electrical Technician, you will assist electrician in the planning, lay-out, installation, testing and repair of wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, motors, equipment, towers and control systems in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards. Per diem, travel and lodging provided at no cost.
You will assist with:
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Installing and mounting electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components.
- Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices.
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Trenching and dirt work.
- Tower wiring cabling and installation.
- Lifts at least 75 pounds at one time and 50 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Ability to ascend/descend and maneuver into confined elevated spaces (300 ft).
- Works at various body placement positions (standing, kneeling, squatting, seated, laying down etc.) for extended periods of time (longer than 5 minutes)
- Works at various heights up to 300 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, towers, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see In color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record.
- $40/day per-diem for meals while traveling.
- Company provided individual hotel room.
- Paid major national holidays plus additional field staff holidays, totaling 20 paid holidays a year.
- Paid vacation and personal time with a graduating scale based on years of service: 2 weeks after 1 year, 3 weeks after 3 years, 4 weeks after 5 years, 5 weeks after 10 years.
- Cash retirement bonus to all employees on their anniversary.
- We offer major medical, dental, and vision insurance and a free $100,000 life insurance policy for all employees.
- Crews are likely to work 45-75 hours per week with overtime paid at time and a half.
- We use company trucks only. You do not have to drive to the job sites in your own vehicle.
We are an employee-oriented company and try our best to take good care of our workers. They are our #1 asset!
Responsible for Safety
Because of the nature of the work at VIKOR, we are dedicated to and obsessed with safety. That means all of our employees are, too. If you join the VIKOR team, you will be expected to follow all the safety and regulatory policies and procedures put in place by VIKOR and OSHA in order for all team members to feel confident and protected during the workday. This includes attending the daily safety meetings, maintaining a clean driving record and frequently inspecting trucks and equipment.
VIKOR specializes in commercial tower construction, maintenance, and service work for the wireless, utility, and wind energy industries. With offices in Sioux Falls, SD; Rapid City, SD; Pleasant Grove, UT; Denver, CO; Missoula, MT; and Bismarck, ND our geographic footprint spans from the Great Plains to the Mountain States.