Assistant Project Manager- Renewables
Full Time, Salary
VIKOR is currently looking to add to its team of dedicated individuals with a Assistant Project Manager in Rapid City, SD. Responsible for assisting with the bidding and completion of projects in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner. Working as a close team member with the Construction Manager and Crew Chiefs to ensure smooth work flow and efficient field operations.
- Manage overall company performance for a specific project, customer, geographical territory, or group of crews/teams.
- Assist in implementing company policies and procedures
- Ensure those areas and functions under your control adhere to the highest quality standards
- Seek out new customers and maintain existing customers through top quality customer services
- Maximize revenue from assigned operations (based on job completions)
- Maintain regular (daily when needed) contact with customer(s) to ensure customer satisfaction and ongoing growth for the company
- Control costs of assigned operations (labor, subsistence, subcontractors, equipment, job materials, etc.)
- Support field operations by working closely with Construction Manager to ensure crews/teams have proper equipment, information, and job materials
- Secure best pricing, issue purchase orders and ensure delivery of job materials
- Coordinate delivery of equipment and materials to job sites
- Schedule jobs with customer and work with Construction Manager to see that crews are mobilized on time
- Evaluate Construction Managers and field staff annually
- Select and manage subcontractors
- Conduct Monday morning crew or team meetings alongside the Construction Manager
- Manage contract close-out with Project Administrator including assembling turn-over documents, i.e. punch list, inspection reports, sweep reports, etc.
- Maintain documentation of all of the above as needed
Required Meetings or Coordination
- Daily call or face to face with Crew Chiefs
- Daily contact with customers
- Conduct Monday morning meeting alongside the Construction Manager with each assigned crew in person or by telephone when crews are in the field
- Weekly safety meeting with all field employees
- Weekly Project Managers meeting with company-wide PM’s, CM’s and Operations Director
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven management and organizational skills
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments
- Two or more years of related experience.
The VIKOR Culture
We believe people do their best work when they feel heard and supported. That is why we strive to live out our values of UNITY, DEDICATION and ELEVATION every day. Our employees experience an environment centered on respect, allowing them to perform at their highest level.
VIKOR specializes in commercial tower construction, maintenance, and service work for the wireless, utility, and wind energy industries. With offices in Sioux Falls, SD; Rapid City, SD; Pleasant Grove, UT; Denver, CO; Missoula, MT; Phoenix, AZ; Albuquerque, NM; Tulsa, OK; and Bismarck, ND our geographic footprint spans from the Great Plains to the Mountain States.