Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00-$31.00 per hour
Reach new heights in your career with one of the fastest growing industries in the country. At VIKOR, you have the opportunity to challenge yourself and become part of a team that strives for unity and is dedicated to elevation.
VIKOR is looking to add a Horizontal Directional Drilling Foreman to our growing team. As a Horizontal Directional Drilling Foreman, you will lead field efforts for the Underground division and you will be the connecting piece between on-site construction and project management.
This is an elite position of skill and leadership that is not right for everyone. If you think you might be the right fit, apply today!
- Working with 811 to assure that locates are done.
- Operation of a hydrovacc to excavate and identify existing utilities.
- Operation of directional drill, locator, excavator, skid loader, and other heavy equipment.
- Drilling underground utilities.
- Ability to obtain a CDL and get familiar with DOT laws.
- Desire and ability to be a leader and responsible for crew operations.
Require Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Manage overall crew and division performance
- Ensure safe completion of assigned jobs
- Verify quality of work performed by underground crews
- Maximize revenue from crew operations (based on timely job completions)
- Control costs of crew operations (labor, subsistence, subcontractors, equipment, etc.) within company guidelines
- Implement company policies and procedures
- Train and develop new employees and existing crew members
- Assure trucks and equipment are operated in accordance with laws
- Maintain a CDL and a good driving record
- Verify crew has proper equipment, information, and job materials
- Evaluate crew personnel
- Ensure trucks and equipment are well maintained, organized and inventoried regularly
- Maintain daily contact with customers and project manager to ensure customer satisfaction
- Attend bid walks or provide other assistance with bidding when requested by General Manager or Project Manager
- Promote company loyalty by crew personnel
- $40/day per-diem for meals while traveling.
- Company provided individual hotel room.
- Paid major national holidays plus six additional paid days off for field staff.
- Paid vacation and personal time with a graduating scale based on experience.
- Cash retirement bonus to all employees on their anniversary.
- We offer major medical, dental, and vision insurance and a free $100,000 life insurance policy for all employees.
- Crews are likely to work 45-75 hours per week with overtime paid at time and a half.
- We use company trucks only. You do not have to drive to the job sites in your own vehicle.
We are an employee-oriented company and try our best to take good care of our workers. They are our #1 asset!
The VIKOR Culture
We believe people do their best work when they feel heard and supported. That is why we strive to live out our values of UNITY, DEDICATION and ELEVATION every day. Our employees experience an environment centered on respect, allowing them to perform at their highest level.
VIKOR specializes in commercial tower construction, maintenance, and service work for the wireless, utility, and wind energy industries. With offices in Sioux Falls, SD; Rapid City, SD; Pleasant Grove, UT; Denver, CO; Tulsa, OK; Missoula, MT; Bismarck, ND; Phoenix, AZ; and Albuquerque, NM our geographic footprint spans from the Great Plains to the Mountain States.